In the past couple of years we’ve seen a lot of interest in vintage wedding styles here in Dorset. That can cover everything from a traditional country house hotel with horse and carriage right up to trendy, urban, hipster style weddings. This trend looks likely to continue into 2017 so here are some ideas to consider:
- With today’s less formal weddings, a garden or field marquee is the ideal way to accommodate many guests without breaking the bank
- Vintage crockery and china can be easily acquired from car boot sales, charity shops and bazaars. Perfect for that quirky look.
- Rather than a vintage roller, go for a 70’s classic though beware: some of those sports cars can be awkward to get in and out of even without a wedding dress on.
- Find a photographer who knows how to get that authentic retro feel for your photographs.
- Rather than a traditional sit-down meal or even a buffet, why not have a selection of international street foods for people to enjoy. Very informal and delicious too.
- What kind of music do you like ? Outdoor receptions can be folksy so if you like a barn dance, great. But depending on the age range of your guests you could have a ska band, or punk, or blues. It doesn’t just have to be a ‘function’ band.